Friday, August 6, 2010

One week gone already!

We've been here exactly one week and today I had to set my alarm for the first time (I've been enjoying my empty calendar and lolling in bed in the morning)---we had to go for an official meeting to get our national identification numbers and had to be there at 9 am, all four of us.  So we dressed like we thought good citizens should look.  We had only mixed success.   Alec's papers continue to move forward, but it seems that the advice I was given by the consulate in New York and the university here, to get a student visa, backfired.  I now need a letter of matriculation from the university--which is not a problem but will delay things a bit.  For the kids, too, as they are attached to the mother---very traditional.

Alec and I spent the afternoon checking out gyms, and then I went to meet with Manuel, my patron and benefactor, who continues to be super-supportive and so generous with his time and ideas.  It is a rare opportunity to be here and working near him, and I hope to make the most of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment