Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Moving Up Hill



I packed up one of my offices yesterday—the one in Poble Nou, where Alec also has his office.  It’s being moved to what was formerly known as my “secret second office” and what shall heretofore be known as “my office.”  It’s a good thing.  I am consolidating.  I only have one place to go.  And I like it better there.  The five of us (6, when Manuel is in town) are a good little community.  It’s quiet, closer to home and to the kids’ school, and I can easily pop up to the Carretera de les Aigues for a walk when I need to clear my head.  And, Manuel gave me his parking spot during the time that he is in California.  It’s a godsend.  I used to either take the train and then walk up Tibidabo, or park way far up the hill and walk down.  I had to go back up to put money in the meter every two hours.  Except for the 2 – 4 time slot, which is free because everyone is supposed to be eating lunch, or resting.

I like having all of my books and papers in one place too.  I was forever forgetting things on one computer or another, in one office or another.  It’s simpler this way.

I taught Michael how to make a Spanish tortilla last night, which is a good thing because it means that Spanish foodways are spreading east.  And I know at least three people who received The New Spanish Table as a holiday present.  Keep cooking, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment